Sunday, September 18, 2011

Welcome!

With a lot of encouragement I decided why not have a cooking blog . . . it combines three of my interests (cooking, photography, and writing) in one. In case the title has you fooled, this will not be a blog devoted to pears (although with two large boxes sitting in my kitchen I do have them on the brain) it really has more to do with me. I have always been a little atypical as seen quite readily during football season at our house when my wife watches the game and I whip together some snacks or game food for half time. Or that for my birthday last year I bought books regarding my somewhat new obsession with canning and preserving, or that my favorite gifts have been my Le Creuset dutch oven or Microplane grater. I have other interests too . . . but I LOVE to cook and to cook for others. I think my years in Italy taught me an appreciation for simple, but quality ingredients and an appreciation for what a good meal can both do and mean. I hope you'll find some joy in what I share and  try some new things with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment